Register for Bulldog Alert
Register for Emergency Alerts via Text and/or Voice Messaging
Registering your cell phone number with Bulldog Alert - UNC Asheville's Emergency Alert Messaging System is quick and easy. Simply update your Emergency Contacts in OnePort!
Note: If you choose to receive emergency notifications via text and/or voice messaging, you agree to incur any applicable costs from your carrier for receiving these messages.
When entering your phone number below, be sure to enter your area code and phone number into separate fields as directed. Failure to enter this information correctly will nullify your registration and inhibit your ability to receive emergency notifications.
Please follow these instructions. Clicking on a screen shot will provide a larger view of that particular web page. For your convenience, all links will open in a new browser window.
- Go to OnePort (http://www.oneport.unca.edu/)
- On the OnePort home page, log in using your OnePort username and password. Your OnePort username is identical to your campus e-mail username.
- You will now be on the Welcome page. In the Links on the left, click "Update Personal Information" which will take you to the Personal Information page.
- On the Personal Information Page, click Update Emergency Contacts
- On the Update Emergency Contacts & Emergency Alerts page, you will see the Emergency Contacts you have already provided to the university. Use this page to sign up for Emergency Alerts. You are encouraged to sign up for Emergency Alerts via voice messages to your cell phone AND Emergency Alerts via text messages to your cell phone. Both kinds of alerts can go to the same cell phone number. Please note that the cell phone number you provide should be YOUR cell phone number where YOU can be reached in case of a campus emergency.
- To sign up for an Emergency Alert via voice message, click "New Contact" and select "Self - Emergency Voice" under the Contact Type, below. To sign up for Emergency Alert via text message, click "New Contact" and select "Self - Emergency Text" under the Contact Type.
- Complete the following fields:
- Contact Type - Select "Self - Emergency Text" or "Self - Emergency Voice", whichever is applicable for the contact you are entering.
Note: Any cell phone number entered as "Self - Emergency Text" will also automatically receive voice messages if emergency voice messages are sent.
- First Name - Enter your first name.
- Last Name - Enter your last name.
- Local Address - Enter your local address using the provided address, city, state, and zip code fields.
- Area Code - Enter the three-digit area code of the cell phone number you are adding.
- Phone Number - Enter the remaining seven digits of the ten-digit cell phone number.
DO NOT use hyphens, spaces, or periods when entering the phone number.
Please note that cell phones do not normally use extensions, therefore the Extension field should be left blank. The remaining information on the Update Emergency Contacts page is optional, and does not need to be filled out to sign up for Emergency Alerts.
- Click "Submit Changes" when you have finished.
- Review your Emergency Contacts for accuracy. If you wish to modify or remove contacts, click the name of the contact to edit and continue as necessary. If you wish to add a new contact, click "New Contact".
Last edited by email@example.com on June 18, 2014