Our Shuttle Routes
Campus - Apartments Route
This shuttle operates from 7:40 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday though Friday during fall and spring semesters, and provides service to most buildings and parking lots on campus. In addition, the shuttle makes stops at the Grove Apartments, and Pinnacle Ridge Apartments.
Fall 2013 Schedule
Campus Express Route
This shuttle operates from 7:40 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Monday though Friday during fall and spring semesters, and provides service to most buildings and parking lots on campus, including Parking Lot P29.
The express service will follow the same general routes as the Campus-Apartments Route shuttles, but will not follow a posted schedule. To use the express service, simply contact University Police:
- Dial 6710 from an on-campus phone, or (828) 251-6710 to reach the main office
- Visit the main office walk-up window, located in Vance Hall
- Using any of the emergency phones located in parking areas and along walkways on campus
Once you request service, a shuttle will be dispatched to your location.
118 W.T. Weaver Blvd. Route
A shuttle service is provided to assist students with transportation to the new Student Health Facility. and University Advancement offices at 118 W.T. Weaver Blvd.
The pick-up location for both the Student Health Shuttle and Advancement Shuttle is at the Governors Hall bus stop. The Student Health shuttle service can be coordinated in two ways:
- First, when you call to schedule an appointment, the scheduler will automatically ask if you need transportation to the appointment. You should arrive at the Governors Hall bus stop 10 minutes prior to your appointment to catch the shuttle.
- Second, if you have not made an appointment and you wish to walk-in to Health and Counseling, you just simply need to go to the Governors Hall bus stop and ask the driver to transport you to Health and Counseling.
For transportation to University Advancement, you can simply go to the Governors Hall bus stop and ask the driver to transport you. Please keep in mind that the shuttle will make all drop-offs in the front lot of 118 W.T. Weaver Blvd. The back Advancement lot does not have space to facilitate a turn around for the shuttle.
You can also contact University Police at 251-6710 at any time for transportation assistance.
Evening Service Route
Beginning on January 13, 2014, Public Safety will operate an on-demand evening shuttle to:
- Harris Teeter
- Grove Apartments
- Hawthorne Northside Apartments
- All buildings and parking areas on campus
Shuttle Hours: Sunday - Thursday, 5:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.
Riding the Shuttle
To ride the evening shuttle, simply call University Police at (828) 251-6710 to request a pick-up.
The shuttle will pick-up riders at the following locations:
- Governors Hall bus stop
- Harris Teeter (covered patio on the front of the store)
- Hawthorne Shuttle Stop
- Grove Apartments Shuttle Stop
You will need to show the drive a OneCard to ride.
Download our Evening Shuttle Service brochure!